Conference Scholarship for CORE Program – The Amy Mercer Scholarship
The Amy Mercer CORE Scholarship for executive assistants was established by the Board of Trustees of the Florida Police Chiefs Education & Research Foundation in January of 2022 recognizing the significant contributions of former FPCA Executive Director Amy Mercer. Each year up to two (2) scholarships will be awarded to those meeting the scholarship criteria
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for executive assistants of small agencies (1-25 sworn) to attend a CORE I, II, or III training program. The CORE series of trainings provides exceptional training for law enforcement executive assistants. Scholarships are offered to executive assistants who have not yet been able to attend a CORE training or whose cities are not able to pay to send them to additional CORE trainings to complete the series. Additionally, executive assistants from any size agency that have not been able to attend a CORE training or complete their CORE series in the past five years due to agency budget cutbacks or other funding issues will be eligible.
- Agency size is limited to 1-25 sworn personnel OR any executive assistant who has been unable to attend CORE in past five years due to agency budget cutback**
- Deadline for submission is two weeks in advance of a CORE training for which the applicant has registered (Deadline to submit your application for the 2022 CORE II is April 25th and the winner will be notified on May 2nd.)
SCHOLARSHIP WILL INCLUDE:
- Full registration to the CORE class, CORE I, II, or III are eligible. CORE Refresher not currently eligible.
- Hotel accommodations – number of nights depending on the CORE class length
- Does not include travel or other expenses
** Chief must send an enclosed letter certifying that agency budget cutbacks or other funding issues are the reason they have been unable to send their executive assistant to CORE I, II, or III training in the past five years
The Amy Mercer CORE Training Scholarship Application