Immediate Opening – Sworn Police Officer- Sewall’s Point Police Department
Sewall’s Point is a small municipality located in Martin County, Florida. The Town, with 2,000 residents, maintains a police force of 10 sworn officers, including the Chief of Police and one civilian. The Department is a valued part of the Sewall’s Point community, and is seeking community-minded officers to join its ranks. Applicants must be Florida Certified, have a clean background/disciplinary record, and be tobacco-free as this is a drug/tobacco free workplace. If you would like to member of this elite group of officers, please contact us to receive an application and personal history questionnaire.
Applications are available at the Sewall’s Point Police Department, located at 1 S. Sewall’s Point Road, by calling 772-781-3378 during normal business hours, or email your request to SPPD@Sewallspoint.org
Sworn officer without experience starting salary: $41,082
Experienced Police Officers Starting Salary: $43,136
Current maximum salary is for a senior Master Officer: $76,423
• Monthly mileage reimbursement
• Tuition Reimbursement (after first year)
• Medical for employee and dependents covered at 75 by the Town/25% employee, dental, vision and life insurance at no cost to employee
• 11 Paid Holidays & 2 Personal Day per year
• 96 hours of sick time per year
• Master Officer Program
• Department issued uniforms, weapons, and equipment.
• Annual Boot Allowance