Application Deadline: Open till Filled
Entry Level Salary: $39,951.86 annual
Performs a variety of law enforcement and security duties, relative to the protection of property, crime prevention and detection, public safety, traffic control, enforcement of the Airport Security Program, Airport Rules and Regulations.
- As an officer for the Melbourne International Airport Police Department you will be offered a wide range of benefits to include:
participation in the Florida Retirement System with options that allows officers to retire at 75% of their salary after completing 25 years of service.
- A pre-tax Deferred Compensation program to assist you in saving and planning for retirement.
- Tuition Reimbursement plan for continuing college education.
- Choice of Health First health plans for the employee and dependents as well as “Healthways Prime Fitness” which provides access to 8,500 gym locations.
- Vacation accrual
- 96 hours of paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Optional dental insurance
- Up to 80 hours per year of comp time accrual
- Department-Issued Weapons
- As an officer or supervisor, you can patrol on foot, bike, or vehicle
- The airport also provides a 2% shift differential pay for officers assigned to evening shifts.
- Age: 19
- Education: Certified Florida Law Enforcement Officer
- Experience: Preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida driver license, applicants may possess a valid out of state license and obtain the Florida driver license within 10 days of employment.
- Must have successfully completed the Brevard Police Center Screening Process. Information about this screening process can be found here: http://www.easternflorida.edu/academics/public-safety-institute/brevard-police-testing-selection-center/
- Once hired, must attend a TSA Security Standards course and successfully pass with a score of 70 or better.
Melbourne International Airport Police Department
1 Air Terminal Parkway, Suite #220 Melbourne, FL
Melbourne, Florida 32901 phone: 1 321 723 6227 EXT 303