The Manalapan Police Department is seeking qualified persons for immediate employment as a police officer. Florida certification as a police officer is required.
EXCELLENT SALARY AND BENEFITS AVAILABLE.
• Starting Salary is $ 55,000.00.
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Personal Day 1 day per fiscal year, employee selection. Available after 6 months of continuous service.
• Sick Leave is earned each month of service. Accrual begins upon first day of work Eligible for use after 3 months of employment
• Vacation Leave is earned each month of service Accrual begins upon first day of work. Available after 6 months of employment Maximum accrual is 300 hours.
• Pension Plan – Defined Benefit Plan for Newly Hired Sworn Officers.
• Paid Medical, Dental and Short Term Disability Plans for employees, Partial Premium for Dependents for Medical and Dental.
• Deferred Compensation Program (Voluntary Participation).
• Uniforms and Equipment Provided.
• Training Opportunities, Advanced Education Reimbursement Program.
• Off-Duty Special Detail Opportunities.
Police Officers are responsible for providing protection of life and property within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Manalapan. Work activities include responding to calls for service and/or emergencies, including calls which are of a criminal nature; crime prevention and suppression; investigation of crimes and criminal activity; apprehending violators of State and Local Laws and Ordinances; preparing official reports and other documents, including legal affidavits, summonses, and citations; performing first aid and/or other assistance to injured persons, mentally or physically handicapped, persons stranded or lost motorists, and others who may need aid or assistance. Officers are required to maintain physical skills necessary to perform job tasks; retain Police Standards Certification and certification in firearms and other lethal/non-lethal weapons, as required.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Must meet the minimum standards as set forth by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training, and maintain a valid and current Certificate of Completion. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license required (MVR background check).
Successful completion of an employment physical and drug screen to confirm the ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Successful completion of a polygraph, thorough background check, and psychological evaluation.
Manalapan Police Department
600 South Ocean Blvd
Manalapan, FL 33462