|The Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) welcomes applications for the role of Police Officer through Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022.
This position serves the public in the enforcement of laws and ordinances for the protection of life and property. This type of work requires a knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures used in law enforcement such as restoring and maintaining order, conducting preliminary investigations and the apprehension of criminals. On-the-job interactions require skills in understanding human behavior and the factors which influence behavior and are critical in adversarial and confrontational situations. Police Officers are confronted with various situations that require quick assessment and sound judgment for resolution. Work is performed in the field in an uncontrolled environment where risks and hazards are substantial, generally unknown and unpredictable.
Here’s what JAA offers:
• 84 Hours per pay period
• Annual Salary of approx. $51,739.00
• 12 Paid Holidays per year • 120+ hours of accrued leave per year
• $100 per month cell phone stipend
• Holidays paid at straight time • Holidays WORKED paid at PLUS time and a half • 5 PM – 7 AM shift diff. of $1.50/hour
• Florida Retirement System
• Deferred Comp. Plan with ER match of up to 2% of EE base pay
Required Education & Experience: