GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER: General duty police work responsible for the enforcement of laws and ordinances, prevention, detection and investigation of crime, maintenance of law and order and other duties associated with the protection of life, property and public safety. Law enforcement officers perform duties in accordance with Florida State Statutes, City of Naples policy & procedures and departmental policies & procedures. Position performs essential functions as outlined in the official position description and applicable to assigned functional area. Performs related work as required. Persons hired into this position will be expected to work on rotating shift, including holidays and special events, as assigned or needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER: Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officers and Out-of-State Certified Law Enforcement Officers (seeking Agency sponsorship) must meet the following requirements:
1. Possess a Police Standards Certificate by the State of Florida for Law Enforcement Officer; or, possess an out-of-state law enforcement certification with ability to meet eligibility requirements for the Florida CJSTC Equivalency of Training program.
2. Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
3. An Associate’s degree (or completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours) from an accredited college/university; or, two or more years active-duty military service with an Honorable Discharge; or, an equivalent amount of related education and work experience.
4. Out-of-State Certified Law Enforcement Officers (seeking Agency sponsorship) must enter a two-year contract with the City of Naples compliant with F.S.S. 943.16.
5. Must have a valid Florida driver license with a driving record that meet or exceeds minimum City standards. Out-of-State Certified Law Enforcement Officers must have a Florida driver license prior to first day of employment with the City.
6. No felony convictions or misdemeanors involving perjury or false statement.
7. Achieve a passing score on a Physical Abilities Test (PAT) for law enforcement.
8. Pass a psychological, medical, and drug testing exam.
9. Pass a comprehensive background investigation.
10. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
11. Must be a United States citizen.
NEXT STEPS: Candidates selected to move forward in the selection process, after submission of the original application, will be contacted and supplied a Pre-Interview Questionnaire by the Naples Police Department, Professional Standards Division.
TO APPLY: All applicants must complete an application online and choose: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/1776388/police-officer/agency/naplesfl/apply