New College of Florida is accepting applications for a Law Enforcement Officer. This position will perform university/college sworn law enforcement duties.
New College of Florida offers its police employees a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Starting salary $43,575
• 9 paid holidays a year (12 hours per holidays)
• A paid winter break of up to 5 days (12 hours per day)
• Vacation – 4 hours accrued for years 0-5, 5 hours accrued for years 5-10 and 6 hours accrued for years 10 +
• Sick leave – 4 hours accrued per pay, 13 days per year (accrual max. unlimited)
• Personal Day – 1 day, (partial day may not be taken). Personal day cannot be taken until the employee has fulfilled his/her respective probationary period. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information regarding Leave.
• Law Enforcement Incentive Pay: Officers certified by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards Training Commission become eligible for additional monthly salary of up to $130 based upon completed higher education and/or career development courses
• The work schedule is eighty (80) hours in a 2-week period. Time-and-a-half paid for all additional hours physically worked over eighty (80) hours. Officers work 12 hour shifts
• $550 yearly shoe and uniform maintenance allowance
• All uniforms, weapons, duty gear, and assorted equipment supplied
• On-site Fitness Center
• On-site Child Care Center (Some ages have waiting lists)
• Employee Education “Tuition Assistance” after 6 months
• Participation in payroll deduction for the Florida Prepaid College Tuition Fund
• Reimbursement for Police Officer Equivalency of Training (EOT) fees is negotiable (up to $1500.00)
• Paid 12 hours off yearly for successful passing of fitness assessment
• Group Health Coverage (Earliest effective date is first day of next month following date of hire)
• Group Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
• Florida Retirement System (FRS) Programs
• Tax Sheltered Annuity
• Florida Deferred Compensation
• Additional Information: www.mybenefits.myflorida.com (click on My Health /bottom of the page) This Website will provide you access to the benefit choices, comparisons of plans, premiums, access to provider directories and much more. www.myfrs.com (click on FRS programs / left hand side) This Website will provide you more information on both retirement options, comparison of plans such as FRS Pension Plan & FRS Investment Plan.
For additional information go to:
Shift work is required and includes nights, weekends, and/or holidays. Minimum Qualifications: Incumbent must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes; be certified as a law enforcement officer in Florida; and have one year of law enforcement experience. Military or other appropriate experience may substitute for law enforcement experience as will appropriate college or vocational school coursework. This position requires successful completion of a post offer physical, drug screen and polygraph and psychological testing.
New College of Florida Police Department
5800 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243