The Punta Gorda Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Employee Development (Training) Coordinator. This is a civilian position.
Click here for full job description
– Coordinating all in-house training programs;
– Coordinating all external training for department members;
– Coordinating officer, instructor, and member certifications;
– Coordinating new employee recruitment, hiring processes, and promotional processes;
– Facilitating the department’s internship program; and management of the department armory including the purchase, storage, issuance, inspections, and repairs of department weapons systems, training weapons, and ammunition.
– Five years of experience as a law enforcement officer;
– Two years of professional experience in administration or management analysis or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
– Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required;
– Progressively professional experience in employee development and training, preferably with a law enforcement agency;
– Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license prior to hire date;
– Completion of Florida General Instructor Techniques course or equivalent within one year.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
– Starting salary of $50,897.60;
– Excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance options;
– Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
– Retirement savings plans with pre-tax contributions and matching employer contributions;
– Deferred compensation plans available;
– Tuition reimbursement available.