The St. Petersburg Police Department’s Communications Center is accepting applications.
Job Functions of a Complaint Writer
• Involves handling incoming emergency and non-emergency calls on an Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system and using a computer aided dispatch system.
• Involves receipt and transmission of radio messages and dispatching police units to emergency and non-emergency situations throughout the City.
• Employees work rotating shifts which cover 24 hours each day and include holidays and weekends.
• Newly employed Complaint Writers are assigned monthly to a shift in order to complete their training. Shifts include days, evenings and midnights. Days off are assigned on a rotational basis and will include working on holidays and weekends.
• As a condition of continued employment, newly hired Complaint Writers must complete the 911 Public Safety Telecommunicator Program and pass the Florida PST Certification Exam within 11-1/2 months of appointment to the position.
• Also as a condition of continued employment, newly hired Complaint Writers must successfully complete calltaker, teletype, and dispatch training within 24 months of appointment to the position. Once completing all required training, the Complaint Writer is promoted to a Public Safety Telecommunicator (PST).
Requirements for Complaint Writer
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED
• Must be able to work shift work including Days, Evenings, and Midnights, including weekends and holidays
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Have familiarity with computers using Windows
• Have accurate typing skills (20 wpm minimum preferred)
• Must submit a resume
Complaint Writer Salary
Minimum: $17.39 per hour
Maximum: 26.54 per hour
Please visit our website at http://police.stpete.org/employment/communications/communications-overview.html to submit an application.