CHIEF OF POLICE
The City of Quincy is seeking a highly motivated, community oriented, and accomplished law enforcement leader and professional to serve as Chief of Police. Work includes directing and managing the day-to-day operation of the department. The incumbent must possess extensive familiarity with modern police techniques and best practices community policing, youth protection ordinance and the integration of telecommunication in tactical operation. Incumbent must have experience in the, concepts of administration and elements of effective supervision.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and manages the activities and functions of the day-to-day operations of the department through department senior officers.
- Development the department’s mission, its policies, procedures, rules and regulations; and implements same through department senior officers.
- Incumbent will prepare and manage the department’s operating and capital budgets; and controls expenditures of the appropriations.
- Attends meetings and public gatherings to explain the functions of the Police Department and to establish favorable public relations. Appears before the City Commission to explain Department plans.
- Reviews employee problems and insures that necessary steps are taken to maintain high morale and employee effectiveness and efficiency.
Reviews and disposes of complaints and monitors complex situations and reports to the City Manager on such matters.
- Meets with other law enforcement managers for strategic planning and to plan interdepartmental responses to high risk or special events. Uses and exercises independent judgment.
- Reviews and approves recommendations for placement, advancement, transfer, training, development, safety and discipline of departmental personnel. Insures departmental compliance with the City’s equal employment opportunity requirements and related federal and state laws.
Master’s degree in Business, or Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Criminology, or related field may substitute for one year of the required sworn experience. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Incumbent is expected to reside in Quincy.
We offer a competitive salary and compensation package. Salary Range: NEGOTIABLE
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please submit letter of application, detailed resume with salary history, work related references and City of Quincy application to:
CAROLYN R. BUSH
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT – 404-West Jefferson Street, Quincy, Florida 32351
CLOSING DATE: until filled
THE CITY OF QUINCY IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER